STUDY FRENCH IN PARIS, IN FRANCE
ACCORD language school in Paris
Paris: Is there a better place to learn French?
Learn French in the heart of Paris!
ACCORD Paris was founded in 1988 and is located on the famous Grands Boulevards just a few minutes’ walk from the Louvre museum, the Opéra Garnier, the Georges Pompidou Centre (Beaubourg) and the famous Grands Magasins (“Galeries Lafayette” and “Printemps”). This area is typically Parisian with its many cafés, restaurants, shops etc. Relax with a “chocolat chaud” in a café and watch life in Paris go by…
At a glance!
• ‘Qualité FLE’ accredited school open all year round in the heart of Paris
• Exciting range of French courses with a maximum class size of 14 (average 10)
• A minimum of 6 levels of French for each Intensive course
• Official TCF & TEF exam centre
• No predominant nationalities (no nationality over 12%!)
• Focus on communication and culture
• You can book a course for just one week, or more
• No registration fee, no books or materials to buy
ACCORD Paris provides a range of first-class courses all year round in a beautiful,
typically Parisian building in the heart of Paris with 20 bright, spacious and fully equipped classrooms. We have been awarded the Official French Quality Label and are affiliated to professional organisations such as SOUFFLE and CAMPUSFRANCE.
We have built our reputation on developing a modern and dynamic teaching method based on communication and integrating French culture. We offer a minimum of 6 language levels from complete beginners to advanced.
We welcome over 50 different nationalities of students from university students to professionals and executives. The ACCORD Paris team is always happy to help our students from the day they book to the day they leave. After class, our students can relax in our cyber-cafeteria and use the many computers. Free Internet access and free Wi-Fi connection are also available.
Fall in love with Paris forever!
You don’t always have to take public transport to get where you want to go in Paris. You can walk to most of Paris’ famous sites! It only takes a few hours to walk from the Bastille area to the Eiffel Tower and it is such a beautiful walk. If you don’t feel like walking, public transport in Paris is excellent. Unmissable attractions include Montmartre, Pigalle, the Champs Elysées, the Père Lachaise cemetery and the Ile de la Cité with Notre-Dame cathedral and its famous gargoyles. You simply must visit the stylish Left Bank and the vibrant Latin Quarter. Take an evening cruise on the Seine to see how Paris got its reputation as the City of Lights. You’ll fall in love with Paris and want to come back again and again!
A stimulating and innovative teaching method
ACCORD Paris’ modern and proactive teaching method helps students communicate efficiently and accurately. Our main aim is to recreate real-life situations to help you reach a level of fluency where you will be able to communicate efficiently by developing an excellent knowledge of the language and an in-depth understanding of French culture. Oral communication is our priority. You will learn how to listen, understand, speak and express yourself naturally with fluency and the correct pronunciation and intonation. Our teachers are all fully qualified teachers of French as a foreign language who constantly review their teaching practices.
ACCORD Paris has been awarded the official FLE Quality Label by the French Ministries of Education, Higher Education, Foreign Affairs and Culture and Communication. ACCORD Paris is also an examination centre for the TCF (Test de Connaissance de Français) and TEF (Test d’Evaluation du Français). There are exam sessions every month. Students can also prepare for the TCF, TEF, DELF and DALF exams in our dedicated afternoon workshops. ACCORD Paris is registered as a Private Institute of Higher Education (n°588 at the Academy of Paris). We are also accredited by CSN in Northern European countries and Bildungsurlaub in several German regions. Students enrolled at American universities may also earn credits.
Learn French at your level
• Courses are available all year round with a minimum of 6 different levels of French (beginners to advanced) as defined by the Common European Framework of Reference.
• Level testing: You will be given a written and oral test at 8.15am on your first day so you can join the class appropriate to your level as quickly as possible.
• You will receive an end of course certificate at the end of your course.
An extensive range of French courses
Our Intensive General French courses focus on developing the four communication
skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. There are morning courses available as well as more intensive programmes including specific afternoon workshops to match each student’s specific requirements: French Culture & Civilisation, Grammar & Written French and Oral Communication. Intensive French Courses
• Intensive Course ‘A’
(20 hours/26 lessons per week): 5 morning sessions from 9am to 1pm allowing you to explore Paris in the afternoon.
• Intensive Course ‘B’ (23 hours/30 lessons per week): 5 morning sessions plus one 3 hour afternoon workshop of your choice.
• Intensive Course ‘C’ (26 hours/34 lessons per week): 5 morning sessions plus two 3 hour afternoon workshops of your choice.
• Intensive Course ‘D’ (29 hours/38 lessons per week): 5 morning sessions plus three 3 hour afternoon workshops of your choice.
• Intensive Course ‘G’ (32 hours/42 lessons per week): 5 morning sessions plus four 3 hour afternoon workshops of your choice.
• Intensive Course ‘E’ (40 hours/52 lessons per week): 5 morning sessions plus five 3 hour afternoon workshops of your choice and one hour study tutorial per day.
• Afternoon Courses (15 or 20 hours per week): 5 afternoon workshops of your choice and one hour study tutorial per day in the 20 hour course.
Specialised French Courses
ACCORD Paris also has a number of Specialised French Courses for students with specific requirements:
• Intensive PLUS Courses: combining French classes in the morning, afternoon workshops and individual tuition depending on the student’s preference.
• Business French in mini-groups: General French classes in the morning with dedicated Business French sessions in the afternoon with a maximum class size of 3 students.
• Executive/Manager Programmes: French courses dedicated to executives and professionals focusing on their specific individual requirements.
• One to One Courses: particularly suited to students who wish to improve quickly, have very specific needs in terms of availability, specialist language requirements or simply do not feel comfortable learning in a group.
• French and Law Programme: focuses on the French legal terminology, the French and European legal systems.
• Evening Courses: General French and Business French courses available to students who cannot study during the day.
Accommodation & Transfers
Our partners provide a range of accommodation choices to help you organise your language stay.
Staying with a family enables you to practise and improve your French outside the classroom. It is also an excellent introduction to the French way of life and culture.
• Hôtel Apart’City: near the Cité des
Sciences. Studios available for short term
and long term stays.
• Le 300 Residence: Studios near the lively Place de la Bastille.
• CISP Kellerman Residence: located in Southern Paris. Single rooms including breakfast. Dinners available from the residence’s self-service restaurant.
• Saint-Martin Residence: Studios near Canal Saint-Martin and within walking distance of the school.
• Paris Montmartre, Buttes Chaumont, Tour Eiffel, Porte de Versailles and Philippe Auguste ‘Adagio’ Residences: located in beautiful parts of Paris. Studios with shower room and toilet.
• Maison des Mines: Single rooms with shared shower rooms available in the famous Quartier Latin. (Summer only).
City centre hotels (2* to 4*) to suit all budgets.
We can arrange airport and train station transfers to your accommodation.
How to get to ACCORD Paris
To get to the school, the following public transport is available:
Métro (or underground)
Nearest station: Grands Boulevards
(lines no. 8 and 9 – exit no. 6)
Bonne Nouvelle (lines no. 8 and 9)
Bourse (line no. 3)
Sentier (line no. 3)
Les Halles (line no. 4)
Bus Lines no. 20, 39, 48, 67, 74 and 85
R.E.R. (or commuter-rail system):
(lines A, B and C)