“If there is one unique difference between BCNLIP and other schools, it is that we treat our students in a very personal and real way. As director, I like to get to know all of the students personally and help them with everything they need. For this reason, I do my best to spend the majority of my time at our school meeting their needs and ensuring their satisfaction at all times. For me, among all of the duties involved in management, caring for the students is the most important part” – Sofia Buzón Director
All of their teachers meet the following academic requirements:
- University degree in a humanities or language field, preferably Hispanic philology
- Having completed an ELE course, or a language teaching course
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a language teacher
- Having mastered a foreign language
- Publications related to teaching are valued
- Interest in continued training is valued
- Dedication to teaching.
- Responsibility and punctuality.
- Motivation capacity.
- Interest in other cultures.
In order to provide their students with quality education, updated curriculum, and to enable learning in a way that is dynamic and interactive, their teaching team meets monthly to discuss the latest developments and coordinate the different school activities. Each teacher has an important role in this process:
Learning a language – means living it!
- They teach the four key language skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) but place special importance on speaking. they ensure that othe students are speaking from day one.
- They use a communicative method that is based on the task-based approach: they encourage our students to communicate in everyday situations where they have to practice what they have learned.
- They pay special attention to the activities and events. They are an important part of the educational ethos, reflecting the multicultural and diverse spirit of the school and presenting the perfect opportunity to practice speaking languages beyond the classroom. It is important that their students understand that the activities and events are not only for socialising, but are designed specially to help students live outside the school environment.
- They have regular assessments so that our students are motivated in class and are given a clear indication of their progress. The school offers extra revision classes when we consider them necessary in order for students to keep up with their courses. Likewise, both the teachers and their school also undergo continuous assessment.
- The school spirit is animated and innovative as we are constantly changing and adapting to embrace new technology, new forms of learning, the best materials, most original activities …
- In order to encourage a good atmosphere in the classroom and to ensure a dynamic learning environment, they have created these rules of behaviour for the classroom. They are also a reflection of your own demands as students.
Why BCNLIP? Only One Reason...
“We can talk about our method, our teachers, our facilities, our location, our warm relationships with students, our effectiveness … but we wouldn’t be saying anything different from other schools. Our commitment and dedication is absolute and we strive to achieve a dynamic and effective learning environment. But that’s something you will see for yourself when you come to visit us.
However, there is one essential aspect which is rarely spoken about, not only for a school but for everything in life, the love and care we put in to everything we do. And this is something you notice the first moment you walk through the door of BCNLIP: a mix of professionalism and personality that makes us very different.
If you want to learn effectively in a warm and personal environment, BCNLIP is your language school.”
(Taken from their website)