Master in Food and Beverage Management and Service
This 1 academic year program is designed to produce professionals in the field of Food & Beverage Management and Service. The main teaching language is English. The study plan includes a 240 hours module to study a foreign language to choose from Spanish for foreigners, French or Russian. After the theoretic modules are completed, all students have to complete an internship period in one of our collaborating companies.
This program will provide you theoretical, linguistic and practical skills.
Instruction is in the form of lectures, seminars, workshops, videoconferences classes, cases and individual assignments. Examination is in the form of written exams and individual and group assignments and workshop exercises.
All foreign students have to do a Spanish language preparation module to take one of the official state exams of Spanish for Foreigners, DELE or SIELE, of the correspondent A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 levels. HTL International School is an accredited DELE & SIELE examination center of the Instituto Cervantes.
To enrol in the Master Degree, it is necessary:
1. to fill the online application form below
2. submit the requested documents:
– passport copy
– last studies transcript
– English level certificate, if any. If you don’t have any proof of your English level, you have to fill the online placement test to be completed online before the online application is done. The direct link is on Admissions page.
On successfully completing this Professional Program of Study you will:
1. Be awarded the
– Master Degree in Food and Beverage Management and Service
– DELE Diploma or SIELE Global (Spanish Language for Foreigners official diplomas) or
– French/Russian Language Level Certificate
2. Have attained an accredited qualification for managerial and supervisory levels showing you possess competence in professional work activities.
3. Have attained a high level qualification equated to the International studies framework as a Master Degree or Master Universitario according to the Spanish National framework.
Food and beverage managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of restaurants, bars, cafeterias and other businesses that operate serving food and beverage. Food and beverage managers may be employed by restaurants, bars, hotels and resorts, etc. Food and beverage managers still require great customer skills, but apply management skills ensuring the labor and financial goals of the organization are maintained.
- Organize, direct and evaluate food and beverage service
- Recruitment and training of staff
- Shift scheduling
- Performance management; monitor staff performance and provide feedback
- Purchase and control of inventory
- Monitor revenues and expenses
- Ensure practice of health and safety regulations
- Negotiate supplier arrangements for food and beverage products
- Negotiate with clients for use of facilities for catering, parties, banquets, etc
Master in FOOD/BEVERAGE MANAGEMENT AND SERVICE STUDY PLAN: 72 ECTS
Module I: Food and Beverages Management
- Structure of the Food Sector
- Establishment set-up
- Menu design
- Purchasing, storage, production, service and control
- Human resources management
- Marketing and promotion
- Quality controls
Module II. Food and Beverage Service
- Staff skills
- Service equipment
- Menu and beverages knowledge
- Service sequences
- Event service
- Supervisory service
Module III. Gastronomy and Wines of Spain
- Best restaurants of Spain: The World’s 50 Best Restaurant ranking, Michelin stars
- Famous chefs and pastry chefs of Spain
- Wineries of Spain
Module IV. Foreign Language Intensive Course I (Spanish , French or Russian)
- Official DELE exam of Spanish for Foreigners preparation module
- General French or Russian Language test according the initial entrance level
Module V. Spanish/French/Russian Language for the Tourism Sector Module
Module VI. Final Project
· Project design
· Research tools
· Personal reflection
· Appropriate questionnaire designs
· Conducting academic research, literature search and review
· Developing a research question, hypothesis and methodology
· Managing a research projectIV: Production and Operation Management
Module VII: Internship
Official Exam of Spanish Language for Foreigners DELE or SIELE
French/Russian language exam
All information taken from: https://www.htlinternationalschool.com/course/master-in-food-beverage-management/