Master in Global Entrepreneurial Management
In today’s world, businesses are not defined as local, but rather as global; this new environment requires professionals with a background and practical experience in this new modern framework.
The objective of the Master’s Degree in Global Entrepreneurial Management (MGEM) is to expand on the executive level management capabilities for businesses and organizations in global markets, with a notable preference for innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit. The program ensures the development of one’s talents in multicultural teamwork settings as well as your abilities to negotiate and communicate in global contexts.
Upon completing the program, you will be ready to take on management level positions in business and organizations involved in international markets.
The program is developed jointly through the three participating Universities: IQS School of Management, Universitat Ramon Llull (Barcelona, Spain); the University of San Francisco (San Francisco, USA); and Fu Jen Catholic University (Taipei, Taiwan). All three institutions fall within approximately the 12% of top business schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (www.aacsb.edu).
The Master’s in Global Entrepreneurial Management (MGEM) is a highly innovative program stemming from the fact that it recruits students from a wide range of countries. In the four editions, the program has had students from: Spain, Italy, Ireland, Germany, France, Russia, USA, Taiwan, China, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, India, Kuwait, Iran, Lebanon, Venezuela, Argentina and Mexico. The diversity acquired through the program’s placement in three unique and international cities (Barcelona, Taipei and San Francisco) allows students to experience a practical style of learning both inside and outside the classroom.
The methodology is based on the development of numerous cases and projects that the students ought to carry out in mixed teams. Further, throughout the program the students manage consulting projects in conjunction with businesses that operate in global markets.
Upon completing the program, graduates obtain the official degree of Master from all three institutions.
The Master’s Degree in Global Entrepreneurial Management will allow you to acquire the following skills:
- Understand the new environment in regards to: politics, economics, culture and society; all key aspects in business management.
- Identify, analyze and develop new innovative ideas and opportunities in business applied to global markets.
- Develop entrepreneurial capabilities by way of practical experience.
- Develop instruments and capabilities associated with the development of real consulting projects actually being carried out by businesses in our area, with a presence in global markets.
- Acquire capabilities to develop new innovative ideas that translate into the implementation of an international business plan.
- Design business strategies in the development of international businesses.
- Develop and implement new formulas in: commerce, finance and operations, applied to the globalization of companies.
- Promote communication and negotiation skills in a multicultural and global environment.
- Obtain practical experience by way of internships in global businesses.
The cross-curricular skills students will acquire during the master´s degree are the following:
- Global vision and internationalization.
- Ethical commitment.
- Familiarity with and mastery of new technologies.
- Innovative thinking.
- Initiative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Practical application of the instruments and knowledge.
- Polyvalence and ability to adapt to change.
- Official Degree Title: Master’s Degree in Global Entrepreneurial Management (MGEM) (Universitat Ramon Llull)
- Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, International Relations or Engineering.
- Credits: 60 credits ECTS. Final Master’s Project (Business Plan): 15 ECT.
- Duration: 1 academic year.
- Language: English.
- Practical work: Development of consulting projects at Spanish companies that operate in global.
- markets: 3 ECTS.
- Academic calendar: From September to August:- From September to December at IQS (Barcelona, Spain)
– From January to April at Fu Jen Catholic University (Taipei, Taiwan)
– From May to August at the University of San Francisco (USA)
- Timetable: Monday to Friday (intensive program – full-time)