Master’s Degree in Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets
Policy-makers are often forced to make decisions under conditions of uncertainty, but the results of these decisions may directly influence a country’s overall economic performance.
While a thorough understanding of aggregate economy dynamics is necessary for success, it is not entirely sufficient. Organizations must also be knowledgeable of the many sources of aggregate risk and uncertainty and must rely on the analytical tools available to study the aggregate economy.
Financial and consulting firms increasingly utilize complex economic theories. Students will not only learn how to use these modelling and statistical techniques but will conduct an independent master’s project to learn how to apply these new skills to real empirical work.
What skills and knowledge will I acquire in this program?
- Deep knowledge of the economic theory behind macroeconomic models of financial markets
- Comprehension of the dynamics affecting financial and policy-oriented decision-making
- Numerical methods and simulation techniques applied to quantitative macroeconomics, policy design, and evaluation
- Precise econometric techniques required for a state-of-the-art applied analysis
- Ability to create and deliver technical and executive reports and publicly communicate and discuss research work
Our program also offers students guest seminars and lectures by international academics and practitioners.
A closing conference will be held as an interactive forum between the academic and professional worlds. The presentation and discussion of students’ applied work will be combined with expert talks covering both institutional topics as well as the presentation of original academic research.
This program covers economic models such as the dynamic stochastic general equilibrium (DSGE), vector autoregression (VAR), and autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity (ARCH). Our graduates are prepared with an expert grasp of aggregate economy and financial function fundamentals, able to build macroeconomic and market forecasts – skills that consulting firms, investment banks, and government agencies are all in need of.
Who hires Macro graduates?
- Consulting Firms
- Financial Services
- Government & Authorities
- International Organizations / Non-profits
- Research & Academic Institutions
- Other Industries