Master’s Degree in Data Science
The digital revolution brings with it an explosion of data that carries significant potential value for businesses, science, and society.
As data becomes easily available as never before, so too does its volume grow, and extracting useful quantitative insights becomes more and more challenging.
The Barcelona GSE Master in Data Science prepares its graduates to design and build data-driven systems for decision-making in the private or public sector, offering a thorough training in predictive, descriptive, and prescriptive analytics.
The curriculum will guide students from modelling and theory to computational practice and cutting edge tools, teaching skills that are in growing global demand.
What skills and knowledge will I acquire in this program?
- Expertise in modern computational, high-dimensional and simulation-based Statistics and Machine Learning
- Solid evaluation of the opportunities of data-driven value creation within companies and organizations
- Ability to apply appropriate statistical methodologies and optimization techniques in solving complex problems
- Innovation with database management systems and distributed processing in a cloud computing environment
- Experience analysing Big Data from the Internet of Things (industrial sensor data), the Internet of People (social and location data), and business transaction data
- Effective communication of data analysis results through presentation and aesthetic charting skills
Data Science students will be armed with a solid knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods, optimization and computing, and the ability to spot, assess, and seize the opportunity of data-driven value creation.
Students will learn how to apply classroom examples using real data and answering concrete business questions from the perspectives of different industries. Through an independent master’s project and the opportunity for industrial practicum work conducted with local businesses, students can have the opportunity to solve actual analytics problems hands-on.
Our courses are taught by leading academics and researchers in the fields of Economics, Operations, and Statistics, as well as experienced professionals from the analytics industry.
The program also invites guest speakers and entrepreneurs working at the frontiers of the Data Science.
Who hires Data Science graduates?
- Consulting Firms
- Financial Services
- Government & Authorities
- International Organizations / Non-profits
- Research & Academic Institutions
- Other Industries