IMBA – International Master in Business Administration in Barcelona
- CENTRE: Barcelona
- LANGUAGES: English
- DURATION: 1 year · 60 ECTS
- SCHEDULE: 19:00 to 22:00, Tuesdays and Thursdays
*Extra sessions or applied methodologies may be scheduled during weekday evenings
LEGAL & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AREA
Economic control and optimization of results. Economic analysis of managerial decisions.
- Basic Accounting Statements: Balance Sheet. Profit and Loss Acount, Cash Flow Statement.
- Cost terms, job costing, activity-based costing (ABS), cost allocation, variable costing and absorption costing, cost-volume-profit analysis and decision making.
Financial Management: Management strategy and value creation. Company assessments: mergers, procurement, joint – venture.
- The goals & functions of financial management.
- Financial analysis.
- Working capital and the Financial Decision, ROI vs ROE.
Legal & Tax treatment of managerial activities.
- National and international fiscal framework.
- Social Headquarters. Taxpayer.
- Management legal responsibilities.
HUMAN RESOURCES AND MANAGERIAL SKILLS AREA
The social agents: union and employee head offices. Negotiation.
- Performance development.
- Talent Supply.
- Strategic Business Partners.
Management skills. Leadership and motivation. Management teams.
- Management styles.
- Managing high performance teams.
- The mentoring as a beneficial tool for professional development.
Managerial ethics and social corporate responsibility.
- Ethics in management and the business disciplines.
- Responsibility beyond compliance with laws and regulations.
MARKETING MANAGEMENT & STRUCTURE AREA
Understanding of role of strategy in business.
Strategies and policies of marketing management.
Internal analysis of the sector, market and buying motivation. Audit of the company.
Commercial management: organisation of commercial networks.
- Types of Business Department.
- CRM Customer Relationship management.
- Social Media. Analysis and Measurement of social networks. Reputation.
Globalisation and internationalisation of markets.
Acquaint with the competitive dynamics of global industry and the various theoretical frameworks available for analysing international industries.
SUPPLY CHAIN, QUALITY & INNOVATION AREA
Production management, operations, logistic, and quality control.
- The importance of operations management and align it with business strategy.
- Quality dimensions and how to implement a Total Quality Management System in a company.
Technological innovation in business.
- Introduce fundamentals of innovation and its influence in the competitiveness of the Organisations.
- Innovation management: models and trends.
(*) Curriculum content, programming and materials may undergo some variation due to changes in academic planning.
(**) The order of the modules is indicative based on the scheduling of the Master’s Degree.