Master Degrees in Competition and Market Regulation Program
The highly practical focus of our Competition and Market Regulation Program ensures that graduates have both an advanced understanding of the interaction between theory and practice as well as the qualifications necessary for solid placement in the field.
The Barcelona GSE Competition and Market Regulation Program presents students with a learning progression, starting from the basic necessary conceptual frameworks and economic tools, and then introducing core issues in Competition Policy and Market Regulation with the help of leading specialists in each field.
What skills and knowledge will I acquire in this program?
- Orderly thinking in Economic concepts, especially Microeconomics, Industrial Economics, Information Economics, Game Theory, and Strategic Behaviour
- Confidence in the fundamentals of competition law and its history
- Understanding of theory and models of regulation, and in particular the basic regulatory frameworks of main industrial sectors
- Ability to publicly present cases, and development of analytical skills for discussion and argument from different points of view
- Communication through written technical reports containing real data analysis, analysis of economic literature, and selected project themes
- Expert subject knowledge in the discussion of formalized theory on competition policy
Students will have a wealth of opportunities to complement their coursework with conferences and seminars in various fields of specialization. Chief among these is the Regulation and Competition Seminar Series, organized by the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) Department of Economics and Business, the Comisión del Mercado de las Telecomunicaciones (CMT), and the Barcelona GSE. Seminars feature academics, regulators, and practitioners at the forefront of their fields discussing specific issues and presenting original research. In addition to providing a range of regulatory issue perspectives, seminars also give students the opportunity to network with top professionals in the industry.
Who hires Competition graduates?
- Consulting Firms
- Financial Services
- Government & Authorities
- Research & Academic Institutions
- Other Industries